IMMI® SmartDock Apparatus (Seat) SCBA Holder
IMMI® SmartDock Apparatus (Seat) SCBA Holder
Part Number: IMM-F103150
The IMMI SmartDock is the first and only hands-free SCBA holder for fire apparatus. With SmartDock, they simply stand up, exit the apparatus, and get to the fire faster. Offering single-motion SCBA insertion and hands-free release, SmartDock is the clear choice for fire departments across the country. Meets and/or Exceeds NFPA 1901 Standard.
IMMI SmartDock Product Features:
- The system provides single-motion insertion and extraction of the SCBA, holds the cylinder securely in place while in transit, and releases using no straps or levers. In the event of a crash, the inertial locking feature prevents it from becoming a projectile.
- Hands-free release of SmartDock leaves the firefighter free to reach for tools, exit the truck and get to the job at hand. Current docking stations on the market require firefighters to operate release levers and cumbersome straps that can become entangled with seat belts and firefighting gear.
- The innovatively designed SmartDock is a strap-free docking station that offers single-motion SCBA insertion and hands-free release when the firefighter moves forward to exit the seat.
- SmartDock offers the convenience of single-motion insertion. Simply insert the cylinder valve into the base of SmartDock and lock it into place by pushing the cylinder into the top latching mechanism. No straps or harnesses are needed.
- The heavy-duty top latching mechanism in the SmartDock housing grips the cylinder and holds it securely in place during transit. In the event of a collision, inertial forces cause the top latching mechanism to lock the SCBA in place, preventing it from becoming a projectile.
- Once the SCBA is strapped on, simply bend at the waist and stand up to release the tank from the upper claw.
- No release levers are required. The body’s natural momentum releases the tank as the firefighter stands up to exit the vehicle.
SmartDock is NOT an occupant restraint system. Therefore, the vehicle seat belt must be worn anytime the vehicle is moving.
- Per NFPA 1901, SCBA seats should either have an SCBA in place or have a parade panel in place while the vehicle is in motion.
- SmartDock adjusts to accommodate 30-minute, 45-minute and 60-minute cylinders of various makes and models of SCBA, fitting nearly all SCBAs used in U.S. fire departments.
- SmartDock is now offered in one model. The design is engineered to fit a wider variety of makes and models of SCBA than the original SmartDock, and with its low profile, it interfaces effectively with a wide variety of SCBA seats on the market.
- Instructions are provided to aid customers with installation to achieve the best fit for specific SCBAs and seats.
- SmartDock has been tested at the Center for Advanced Product Evaluation (CAPE) to exceed the NFPA 1901 Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus.
- When evaluated to the NFPA 1901 Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus, SmartDock met requirements for retaining both the cylinder and the pack in dynamic testing.
IMMI SmartDock Information/Specifications:
- The SmartDock SCBA holder is a device that stages air packs in SCBA seats and is designed to retain the air pack in the event of a sudden deceleration.
- The NFPA 1901 committee wants to ensure that SCBA bottles stored in the rear apparatus cab do not become projectiles during a crash. For this reason, the standard states that “the bracket holding device and its mounting shall retain the SCBA unit when subjected to a 9-G force.”
- With traditional SCBA brackets, there are two things that must happen for the bottles to remain in place:
1. The firefighter must place the bottle in the bracket and latch it in place.
2. The bracket must be strong enough to hold the bottle.
- The first item is the responsibility of the firefighter, and the second is the responsibility of the bracket provider.
- The unique feature of the SmartDock hands-free SCBA holder is that it removes the need for the firefighter to perform any extra latching, buckling or strapping action when placing the bottle in the bracket.
- Once installed per these instructions, the SmartDock is designed to meet NFPA 1901 requirements without any extra action by the firefighter, other than properly placing the bottle into the bracket.
- The SmartDock uses inertia to keep the claws locked during deceleration. This inertial action ensures that the SmartDock system will hold an SCBA bottle during an impact caused by a crash.
- Short of bolting the SCBA bottle to the structure of the cab, there is no way to guarantee the bottle will always be retained if the crash is sufficiently severe. The SmartDock bracket has been tested to exceed NFPA 1901 requirements during a frontal crash.
- This capability provides the optimum combination of convenience and strength, keeping the bottle retained beyond NFPA requirements and eliminating the risk that a firefighter will forget to engage the strap or the latch. For these reasons, we believe SmartDock provides the safest solution to in-cab SCBA storage available today.